OK, it’s starting to look like something now…I’m mostly done, only the head and front legs left!
More of my big tatting WIP…what do you think it is?
Here it is! 4 years later! I found every WIP picture I have and put them in order:
Stuff I changed to personalize it:
- I added different phrases on the sides. The original said “something old and something new-something borrowed something blue”. I chose a quote from Captain Jack Harkness “I used to be a poster boy…the Face of Bo they called me.” I love Jack!
- Instead of K-9 in the bottom squares I put a Dalek and a weeping angel. Both are from wee little stitches.
- I changed the bottom text to Geronimo! with a bow tie (cuz the’re cool) and a bobbin of thread next to some squiggles.
- I put some black lines on the police box door to look like text.
- This is the first time I put the year I started and the year I finished! My friend suggested putting RIP since it took so long. ;-)
On to the next one!!
I kind of flew through this, but in two sessions. I didn’t take too many pics as I had planned to, but that’s a good sign I was having fun!
I had so much fun with this! I can’t get over it. The auction is tomorrow. I’m excited to go!
It’s definitely not an everyday hat…or a toy. The bodice and hair is full of pins and don’tfalloff hopes, lol. B found the cutest French themed box for her! I’m happy it coincidentally has the trans colors on it.
I’ll try to get pics of the other hats to share!
I haven’t been having as much fun knitting lately as crocheting. So I changed my Big Scarf to crochet. I’m still working on Fuzzball and Coffee Date though and I’m very close to casting on Lunar by SwordofaKnitter. I met him! I bought that pattern at Taos once. His booth was slammed with people and he was very nice. I love that pattern but (surprised?) didn’t know what to use with it. Sooo I’m thinking Dear Diary and some black I have. Or hot pink. I like knitting those big shawls!
Also I totally ran out if steam on the Dr sampler. I may pick it up again now that the weather is warming up. We’re slowly but surely cleaning up the backyard and now I have a little spot to sit again!
Using old pots and bowls are great for the yarny plants. I spray-painted a plastic pot gold yesterday to make another garden. I’m making up some of them, but most of them are patterns from Make a Crochet Garden and Soft & Snuggly Cacti.
So here’s a pic dump of stuff that’s making me happy when I work on them:
That’s the news for now!