I’m working in a spooky post for next time!
OK, it’s starting to look like something now…I’m mostly done, only the head and front legs left!
More of my big tatting WIP…what do you think it is?
Here it is! 4 years later! I found every WIP picture I have and put them in order:
Stuff I changed to personalize it:
- I added different phrases on the sides. The original said “something old and something new-something borrowed something blue”. I chose a quote from Captain Jack Harkness “I used to be a poster boy…the Face of Bo they called me.” I love Jack!
- Instead of K-9 in the bottom squares I put a Dalek and a weeping angel. Both are from wee little stitches.
- I changed the bottom text to Geronimo! with a bow tie (cuz the’re cool) and a bobbin of thread next to some squiggles.
- I put some black lines on the police box door to look like text.
- This is the first time I put the year I started and the year I finished! My friend suggested putting RIP since it took so long. ;-)
On to the next one!!
I kind of flew through this, but in two sessions. I didn’t take too many pics as I had planned to, but that’s a good sign I was having fun!
I had so much fun with this! I can’t get over it. The auction is tomorrow. I’m excited to go!
It’s definitely not an everyday hat…or a toy. The bodice and hair is full of pins and don’tfalloff hopes, lol. B found the cutest French themed box for her! I’m happy it coincidentally has the trans colors on it.
I’ll try to get pics of the other hats to share!