I made a lot of progress this week! I put some shiny thread around the stars*, put a tatted snowflake on**, finished the house and started the border for March. I still don’t know what to do with the goat…Maybe some fuzzy thread I’ve heard about bc white and grey get lost in the fabric…so I’m leaving him for now until I find something suitable. I can’t wait for Wednesday afternoon when we get the next one!
*DMC S5200 satin floss and Kreinik blending filament 032, one strand each. Thread Heaven really helped here!
**I used size 20 cotton thread (DMC I think) and about a yard on the shuttle was just right. I made four rings of 12ds each.
I used three strands of white for the cross stitches and two strands for the french knots. I’ll use three strands of white from now on because it shows up better.
This month is Heidi. I haven’t read that book, but I hear the Shirley Temple movie is good, and I read the synopsis on wikipedia. Lazy? Nah. Priorities. I have other books to read. ;-)
I haven’t gotten to the stars yet, but I think the silver rayon will looks fine. I changed a couple things from the original pattern (all cross stitches are 2 strands): I’m making french knots for the falling snow, using 3 strands for the mountain/house snow (it helps show up better and adds a nice texture), I’ll outline her tights in grey, and I’m going to use a fuzzy thread for the goat. Fuzzy thread!! That’s new to me! I frogged the goat (=took out the thread) to try out the fuzzy stuff.
Oh, and I’ll tat the big snowflake because why not I’m having so much fun with this!
It’s here!! I had to wait for 12:00PT to get the pattern, so I organized everything. It’s one of my favorite parts of a project, honestly. I’m so chuffed about the stitch organizer they sent and my little Yoshi egg needle minder (from P).
The first pattern is for January, (the Owl and the Pussycat!), plus the entire border and center motif. I found it easier to stitch the center motif first then go to the first Monty’s pattern. After watching lots of Game of Thrones episodes and a couple movies, as well as taking this with me everywhere I’m this far:
I’m working on the Dr sampler, too. I decided I’ll add the backstitch as I go as well. I’m working on a page at a time. There is a lot going on so I think if I just do one page at a time, including the backstitching, I won’t get overwhelmed or bored. I usually backstitch everything last, so we’ll see how this goes.
Monthly progress pics! I take them as often as I can remember…I love the color scheme of the border and the fabric is so soft. I’m having so. much. fun.
I think I’ll go over the stars with some rayon thread to make them pop out a little better. Onto February!
P.S. Sorry about the hiatus. You know how it is, life gets busy, and some things have to wait, like blogging. ;-) Hope you are having fun stitching something too!
Finished before lunch yesterday! The Happily Ever After SAL starts today, so I made my goal with a day to spare. :-)
I got to work on my Doctor Who sampler again. That’s going to take awhile, but at least I’m having fun with it again!
Here are all the progress pic from Yei II:
Penny made some needle minders for us for Christmas, now I have a sweet collection! I put them all in one place in a tin. I’m using the pizza slice on the Dr sampler, it makes me smile every time I see it.
You can make your own needle minders with buttons, magnets, and glue. Make sure the back of the button is flat/smooth, then glue on a strong magnet. Use another magnet on the other side of the fabric, and boom! Never lose a needle again. Plus! Cute stuff on your project.
I’m pretty busy lately, we started a new adventure. (We think they’re around 7 weeks old. Possibly australian shepherd/lab mix.) Meet Pepper and Watson: