So my youngest got sick, then I got strep throat (ugh!!), and now my oldest has strep. Luckily we caught it early and he is doing just fine.
So I haven’t done much besides rest and read and drink lots of water, lol. I finally got into my hoodie vest again! I’m using up stash yarn and hoping this comes out-I love the pattern.
I checked and rechecked and double checked the yardage, the swatch, everything. I originally cast on for the Large size (325 stitches! Whew!) But saw that it was going to be too big. The yarn makes a nice drapey fabric that stretches a little, so I frogged back to the foundation row and cast on again, this time 305 stitches. That saved me 5 extra inches.
Not much to see on progress but I’m 5 rows in. Seven more rows and I can start shaping.
Admittedly, this is one of those projects that’s not super interesting to watch grow but I’m seeing vests everywhere lately (we’ve had some amazing warm breezy days) and I’m excited to make one for me!
Here’s the pic: