More of my big tatting WIP…what do you think it is?
Here it is! 4 years later! I found every WIP picture I have and put them in order:
Stuff I changed to personalize it:
- I added different phrases on the sides. The original said “something old and something new-something borrowed something blue”. I chose a quote from Captain Jack Harkness “I used to be a poster boy…the Face of Bo they called me.” I love Jack!
- Instead of K-9 in the bottom squares I put a Dalek and a weeping angel. Both are from wee little stitches.
- I changed the bottom text to Geronimo! with a bow tie (cuz the’re cool) and a bobbin of thread next to some squiggles.
- I put some black lines on the police box door to look like text.
- This is the first time I put the year I started and the year I finished! My friend suggested putting RIP since it took so long. ;-)
On to the next one!!
This year we went to the Hotel Parq Central. It was swanky! I got to help with hats! I had a blast. Last year when I went to this, everyone was so nice and welcoming and I really needed that. I’ll be making more hats for next year too. Here are all the pics I took:
Can’t wait for next year!!
Let’s see… where to start…
I frogged the scarf and started the Bluebonnet Shawl by Marly Bird. Edgecliff is going a row or two at a time. I decided to go simple and meditative with that cool Cat Mountain Fiber skein and am making a simple garter stitch big scarf. I love seeing the different textures!
The Iceberg Afghan is going great! Kind of almost done. Like. I put the squares together, but have 3 skeins left for the border. 2.5 now. I’m just winging it. 5 rows of alternating granny and DC. I’ll finish it with the rest of the blue ombre. It’s huge and keeps me toasty warm while hooking!
Update! Finished! 2/24
So if you know me you know I get overwhelmed easily. Dig too deep. Get in over my head and all that. I went from a ginormous list of WIPs to a much more manageable one. I got even more done last year, and never once felt guilty or tired of it when I branched off into something else.
I went through my tub of WIPs yesterday and compared them to my ravelry In Progress projects. Some just didn’t feel as fun anymore, so I frogged them. I out the WIPs I’m excited about into the In Progress sections and hibernated the rest! Earlier I had put some old ideas in my Queue, too.
So, now I have 6 WIPs. That’s it! All are really fun for me, and one is so close to being finished I can taste it. (don’t taste yarn it’s not awesome)
Nah. I frogged more. Started a couple things, fell out of sync or step with others. I think I figured about 6 so far! If it isn’t fun, I’m not going to mess with it.
SO! I have 4 WIPs now! The newest is this-Vintage Shells Wrap. Easy to memorize. Good for when I’m getting sick. I’m under many blankets, a dog, a cat, and watching Ultimate Beastmaster.
Ugh. shiver More later.