I got this fun list from stitcherybutchery on tumblr
- How long have you been stitching?
- Since I was 14. My brother’s friend showed me how, and I derped my way through it! It was a cat on a window. I remember I gave it to my friend. I must have bought it as a kit at the local craft store. (Anyone else remember Winn’s?) I’ve been hooked ever since!!
- What’s your favorite finished piece?
- It’s a tie between this sampler
and this lady
- When and where do you typically stitch?
- Literally anywhere I can! But mostly at home at the kitchen table. Or at my kids sports practice.
- What kind or music do you like to listen to while stitching?
- Audio books or scary stories on youtube if I’m not home, or Netflix at home.
- How many pieces are you working on now? Lol! Truth time! Um…9..no, 10:
- Dr Who sampler
- blackwork sampler
- Happily Ever After SAL (2nd one for me)
- Steotch 2018 SAL
- Space Unicorn
- I love bats sampler
- Winchester House
- Winter Ride
Those are the ones I’ve started but haven’t finished. I’m actively working on Dr Who, Steotch, and the blackwork sampler.
- How many boxes, bags, and other containers do you have holding unused floss and cloth?
- I recently consolidated all that from a big bin to 6 containers, including fabric and floss. I put fabric and patterns in a briefcase, favorite patterns in a file folder, floss in a little 3 drawer plastic box, my active WIPs are in a large project bag, others are in another bag, and a couple small active WIPs are in a smaller work bag.
- Do you have any other crafty/artsy hobbies?
- Oh yeah, one’s not enough. Knitting, crochet, writing, diamond art/painting, tatting, drawing, and coloring.
- Any unrelated hobbies? (sports, music, etc)
- Reading, tsum tsum collecting, watching movies
- Have you ever made pieces as a gift for someone else? Who?
- So many gifts for so many people! I lost track. My parents have the most. I stitched a few puppy and southwest items for them over the years.
- How/where do you get your patterns?
- Online (such as Etsy, weelittlestitches, Frosted Pumpkin) Dimensions kits, books….I especially love indie designers!
- Do you follow any other stitchers on tumblr or elsewhere you’d recommend?
Steotch has a wicked SAL once a year: http://steotch.com/
- Etsy shops I love:
- tumblrs that are fun:
oh man, now I really need to get stitching! 😍