I’m working in a spooky post for next time!
I forgot to show you my cool new project bag! I saw it on Moogly and realized I had everything I needed to make one. It was quick to make too. I used some extra yarn laying around, some cute spoopy buttons I’ve had forever, and some plastic canvas.
TBH, I made one side’s canvas too small, the other too big, lol. But it works! I love using it and I get lots of comments on it, especially from kiddos. It’s fun showing people what tatting is. AND that it’s not just “for grandmas”. Spooky people like tatting too!
OK, it’s starting to look like something now…I’m mostly done, only the head and front legs left!
More of my big tatting WIP…what do you think it is?
Here it is! 4 years later! I found every WIP picture I have and put them in order:
Stuff I changed to personalize it:
- I added different phrases on the sides. The original said “something old and something new-something borrowed something blue”. I chose a quote from Captain Jack Harkness “I used to be a poster boy…the Face of Bo they called me.” I love Jack!
- Instead of K-9 in the bottom squares I put a Dalek and a weeping angel. Both are from wee little stitches.
- I changed the bottom text to Geronimo! with a bow tie (cuz the’re cool) and a bobbin of thread next to some squiggles.
- I put some black lines on the police box door to look like text.
- This is the first time I put the year I started and the year I finished! My friend suggested putting RIP since it took so long. ;-)
On to the next one!!